Saturday, May 21, 2011

Graduation

It's graduation day for some colleges all over the metro, some they held last March and some was back in April or this month of May, this is something that making you feel good inside, its make you feel proud that after a long years of studying, after those gruesome 4 years and for some 5 years of studying in college you finally arrive to the finish line in one of the journey you took when you graduated in High School, you finally wear that dark color Toga that will symbolize your accomplishment as a student, and that is to finish your college up to very last moment. Also you held in your arm that piece of paper that stated and your very own name that affirmed your success and that indeed finished that long, exhausting. demanding and rigorous race. Finally you can make your parents honored  and proud at the same time relieve that you finally able to finish that they have work hard for for the last four years of your college life. The Diploma will serve not just a recognition and affirmation to you but also it is consolation for you and your parents for working so hard. it will serve as  trophy for us and to our parents success. Finishing college is truly a milestone in once life, it is something that we can be proud that while we are marching through music of graduation hymn as if we are telling to the world our great happiness that after all those days of hard works, sacrifices, patients we are able to finish the battle to succeed.

These are the things I missed, this are the thing I wasn't able to accomplish and making my mom feel that moment of triumph. That feeling her son calling his name on stage and handling him his diploma, that feeling of relief, of happiness, of being proud of the first accomplishment her son had and her accomplishment for being a responsible parent, that despite all the odds, the problem that come her way, despite all the hard works she did for making both ends meet she was able to let her son finish his college. It was really indeed frustrating and rather disappointing as I was the only one my mom can lean to, she trusted me that I may finish my college and the thought that I can help her out in supporting the family which I can say that I am able to do today, though it could be a little bit more different when I was able to finish my study and it was just one of the regrets I have and one of my biggest failure in life. Back in college It seems that life is so easy, life is so plain though it was really complicated. Back in college I always plan my life and that kind of attitude that even today I still do practiced though my mind is open to the possibility that not everything that you plan will go on the same way you want it to be, I learned that in life we can definitely make plans, make draft of what we should do, or what would be are short term or long term goals but it still gonna be in the hand of our almighty God to determined if it will work or not the way we wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment